Thanksgiving Wild Turkey!
WHY NOT! Perfect for Friendsgiving or a NEW TRADITION!
Wild Green Sauces wanted adapt our sauces to this great recipe for a #spicy Turkey. It makes Turkey delicious. Try our Jalapeno Red with Whiskey Barrel Pepper as the base or the baste
- 1- 12 to 14-pound turkey giblets and neck removed; bird rinsed and patted dry, at room temperature
- 12 tablespoons butter softened
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Aromatics , such as onion quarters, celery stalks, carrots, and fresh herbs such as rosemary, thyme or parsley
- 1 cup WILD GREEN hot sauce
- Preheat oven to 500°F.
Place turkey (breast side up) on rack placed inside a roasting pan. Pry your fingers in between the skin and meat of the turkey and work 3 tablespoons of butter under skin on breast and legs. Rub 1 additional tablespoon butter on the outside of the skin. Season with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Tuck wing tips under body and stuff the cavity of turkey with aromatics if desired. Tie legs together with kitchen twine.
- Place the turkey into the preheated oven and pour 1 1/2 cups water into the roasting pan. Roast for 30 minutes.
- Lower the heat to 350°F and roast for 30 more minutes. Butter 1 side of a large piece of aluminum foil and tent the turkey breast with the foil, butter side down. Rotate the turkey and baste with juice in the pan every 30 minutes, or for about 1 hour.
- Melt the remaining 8 tablespoons butter in small sauté pan and whisk in the WILD GREEN hot TABLE Sauce. Use a large spoon to baste the turkey liberally with the sauce and roast for another 30 minutes. Baste again and return to oven for 30 minutes more or until instant read thermometer reads 165°F when inserted into the inner thigh.
- Total cooking time should be about 3 hours depending on your oven.
Transfer to a carving board and tent loosely with foil for 30 minutes before carving. Serve with additional sauce if desired.
Wash Down with a glass of WILD TURKEY BURBON!